ellis county crime blotter

is the ruger ec9s drop safe

Tested: Ruger EC9s | An Official Journal Of The NRA Whichever you choose, these pocket 9 mms are a lot of bang for the buck. Its sole purpose is to aid in disassembling the pistol. Everyone reading this magazine knows that for personal defense or home defense, proper ammunition can mean the difference between life and death. The felt recoil was surprisingly manageable with this load, with a feel much more like the Ruger LC380 chambered in .380 ACP than the typical pocket 9 mm. If youve already laid hands on the LC models, you wont need to get used to this one. The firearm features a variety of mechanisms that guard against accidental discharge, including an integrated trigger safety, manual safety, and loaded chamber indicator. Quantity Discounts. The Gold Dot G2 has the bonded UNICOR design of the original Gold Dot but with new skives and a shallow nose cavity filled with elastomer rather than the original hollowpoint. You can check out all the current exclusives by going to www.galleryofguns.com. The Ruger EC9 in 9mm seems to be similar. The LC9 is equipped with a magazine disconnect safety that locks the action when the The magazine itself is a single-stack design with a 7-round capacity. The 2008 gun, I did carry as a BUG, and occasionally when nothing else was small or light enough for a task. A word of advice: take white nail polish and dot the sights for that white dot experience. It may not be limp wrist but your high rate of issues with multiple weapons that the mfg had checked out would have me asking a reliable shooting buddy to watch your technique for any clues as to what you might be doing differently or oddly that might explain the jams. Im thinking of buying a second EC9s and carrying one as primary and the other as backup. So I tried an EC9s at my local gun range and liked (almost) everything about it. Both models accept magazines and similar external upgrades. The Ruger EC9s is a lower-cost version of the LC9s with fewer and wider cocking serrations, an aluminum insert, black oxide finish on the slide and barrel, a checkered grip, and fixed rear sights that are built into the construction. ARMSCORs RIA 5.0 ST semi-automatic 9 mm Luger pistol represents the companys first handgun to be designed and manufactured here in the United States. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. Dont point it at anyone or anything. Ive never understood why Ruger makes ANY gun with all black sites. Required fields are marked Reliable and well built. Make sure to watch till the end. There was a shooter next to me at a range having the problem of excessive jamming. I received a call from Ruger staff confirming the type ammo I had used, and telling me they were in the process of obtaining samples of each to run through my guns. All Rights Reserved, Ruger EC9s Review: Lightweight and Ready for Summer. 5 oz. The round polymer magazine release button is textured for better purchase. Ruger EC9s Centerfire Pistol Models In todays review, well take a deep dive into the EC9s and its characteristics, advantages and disadvantages, and Ill help you decide if its the right CCW for you. $193.95. I find myself unconsciously correcting my hold, which has led to a couple love bites (novice mistake, i admit). Standard capacity is a seven-round magazine, but Ruger also offers a 10-round extended magazine with additional grip area added to the bottom as well. It uses the same magazines as the LC9S, with the biggest obvious difference between the two beings the fact that the sights on the EC9S are machined directly into . It has fired every time and is dead-on accurate out to 15 yards. Feature Articles, Breakdown and cleaning are super simple. It also keeps my sweaty hands securely on it while also softening the recoil a little. I liked it so much that I went ahead and bought it for personal use. Functionally, Ruger designed the EC9s with first-time gun owners in mind. denamicsports15 (101) 100%. Vaultek LifePod Electronic Gun Safe - Titanium Gray Item #: 19388. The price point makes it an extremely easy pistol to get into carrying. EC9s MAX-9 Security-9 . Its a well-built 9mm platform thats carefully crafted for CCW. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. It also proved to be more than accurate enough to get the job doneand Davidsons offers some cool versions of this great little pistol. They are all black, horizontally striated on the faces, and non-adjustable. ive had 4 lc9s and never had to adjust the sights. Sights: Integral Again, it cycled flawlessly. The sights are machined into the slide, making them both robust and un-adjustable. If the safeties are a bit too close for your comfort, I suggest you install some new retention springs. Upon receiving the EC9s, I promptly opened the box eager to see what lay inside. Its around 5.5 to 6.5 pounds of pressure. My only concern is I bought the EC9s and I read about the issues our work in continuing to provide you with unbiased gun and setup The reset was also longer than I would have liked, requiring a good sweep both fore and aft to keep this little lead pump humming. I have been very pleased with it, have fired several hundred rounds through it, and have had no issues. If you have larger hands, I recommend the Hogue grip, which can soak up a lot of recoil and provide that much-needed stability. The blued steel 7-round magazine ships with a flush-fit and extended finger rest baseplate. Im in total agreement. Also have a Crimson Trace green laser on it. The Ruger EC9s is an incredibly affordable pistol that is touted to be designed around being a compact 9mm aimed at comfortable everyday carry. My EC9s went back three times for repair. Considering the price its a fantastic gun. Good gun..the only issue I find is price. From a benchrest with targets set at 7 yards, the 365 115-gr. In frustration, I vented to the CEO on Rugers web site. At a closer self-defense distance of seven yards, the pistol put full magazines of all loads into groups measuring less than 1.50 inches. It might jam every 50-100 rds or so. It took a very deliberate motion to release the magazine. I had one of the original LCPs from around 2008, that had the little diamond stamp in the hammer housing from the recall over drop-safe issues. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. The grip and pull required to draw the slide was a bit of a challenge for her, as I mentioned above the gun is quite stiff. Guns, Ammo & Accessories - Online Gun Dealers | Impact Guns Ruger didnt design the EC9s for competition, obviously, but I wanted to ensure the guns accuracy would be sufficient at reasonable self-defense distances. My buddy picks up the pistol and shoots 4 mags with no issue and gives it back to me. Check out our Taurus GX4 review for more info on aftermarket parts, disassembly, and ammo recommendations. Ok, hate to be just another one of the crowd, but, I have both the LC9 in both the 1 & 2 and both have had 100s of rounds of functionality testing with everything from me reloads, both lead & jacketed, + military & factory FM Js & all the most popular defense ammo. Not much room to carry full size auto and the locals get very excited if they see a "gun." I've carried a North American Pug in 0.22 mag. Again, this may be by design, so you dont drop your mag in a gunfight or while leaning against the counter at the convenience store. Drawing the slide back, I familiarized myself with the controls of the EC9s. The external safety is only one of four safety features. Real world pricing for the LC9s is hovering right around $300 these days with the EC9s selling for an average of $50 less. The slide catch, thumb safety and magazine release are all found on the left side of the frame. With family in Canada, hes seen first hand how quickly the right to self-defense can be stripped from law-abiding citizens. The LC9s Pro model started shipping at the end of 2014. This is not to say that the EC9s is exceptionally accurate, but its more than capable of doing what its designed to do. Truth be told, it's a great little CCW, though the removable single-stack magazine means that it only offers a capacity of 7+1. Brand New. Before there were scopes or red dots there were iron sights. Gun Made may receive a small commission from any sales that link For sights? You use the magazine as part of the safe deactivation and takedown. I never experienced any issues shooting at full capacity, which isnt always the case, even with firearms from big-name brands. I intentionally wanted one without the Safety. Just as importantly, I wanted to see how she felt about the gun. Since they already have the tooling for the LC9, I wish theyd give us that option. If you really want a CCW platform with an optics edge, theres none greater than an optics-ready Springfield XD-S. The firearm features a variety of mechanisms that guard against accidental discharge, including an integrated trigger safety, manual safety, and loaded chamber indicator. How to Operate a 9 mm Ruger Pistol - Gone Outdoors Finally, Ruger uses a black oxide finishing process on the EC9s slide and barrel rather than the bluing process they use on the LC9s. (My Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact often fails to feed the Blazer ammo.) Are they both striker fire? Cock the striker and insert the orange faux magazine thingy; Pull down the takedown pin gate and pull the trigger; Move the slide back until you fully see the takedown pin; Press the thin screwdriver against the takedown pin and push it out of the gun; Once its far enough, snag and hold it with pliers; Remove the pin and gently pull the slide off from the gun; Compartmentalize each part for maximum tidiness. It comes from the factory with a finger grip extension installed on the baseplate to give you more positive control. Satisfied with the handguns accuracy, I moved to shooting with speed (or, at least, as well as I can approximate it) from seven yards. 9mm Ruger American Pistol Safety Bulletin Ruger has discovered that some Ruger American Pistols chambered in 9mm may exhibit premature wear of the locking surfaces between the slide and barrel which, if ignored, can result in a crack developing near the ejection port of the slide. EDC, As for accuracy, the EC9ss overall average was 3.39 inches for five-shot groups at 25 yards. All this from a guy who said hed NEVER own a plastic striker gun! . Would you carry a Ruger EC9s pocket carry ? - AR15.COM It has a double-action-only, striker-fired mechanism, with a short, light, and crisp trigger pull. It was no problem shooting 300 rounds through the gun over the course of a few hours, even with the pistol's extra slim profile. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines, across both the Ruger and Marlin brands. . Havent fired an ec9 so cant compare. DISTRIBUTOR: Davidsons Inc.; galleryofguns.com, HEIGHT: 4.9 in. Its similar in build to the EC9s with a 1-inch width, 5.5-inch length, and 14-ounce weight, making it a great CCW alternative. Slight thumb pressure against the back of the slide was enough to cause the round to chamber, in most cases. The trigger is not light. 4.6 out of 5 stars 222. Magazine disengagement is a common a problem among subcompact handguns, and the EC9s diminutive size requires a bit of hand contorting to move from a firing position to one that allows the magazine to be released. Read today's "The Armed Citizen" entry for real stories of law-abiding citizens, past and present, who used their firearms to save lives. To accommodate the larger, more powerful 9 mm round, the slide length and grip height were stretched by about an inch and the gun was generally beefed up all around, nearly doubling the weight from 9.6 oz. The EC9s runs, plain and simple. Decockers are no problem as they dont come in to play until after first round fired & never had one malfunction. With the exception of the change to the sights, everything else about it was the same, including the metronome-like reliability with all ammunition fired. It also comes with a flush-fit 7-round mag. The first series gun had the safety & it went on safe 2 times while testing. There are no forward grasping grooves. I have taught many people to shoot and from first hand experience many can not shoot a small semi auto without malfunction. The EC9s would make a great addition to your everyday carry setup, especially if youre on a budget. If not, I would suggest contacting Ruger again. That starts with safety. I just added a little florecent nail polish to the sights and Im good. It will not break the bank and provides a good defense option for those on a tight budget. At $299 MSRP (and $230 in the marketplace), the EC9s has a built-in excuse for whatever might happen to go wrong.

Wri Property Management Lawsuit, Articles I

is the ruger ec9s drop safe

what percentage of jews died in the holocaust