ellis county crime blotter

matt costello scottish actor

Under a two-way contract, he divided time between the Spurs and San Antonio's G-League affiliate, the Austin Spurs. It was amazing to me. This is too much for me to handle right now," the actor's. That door ultimately led him to a 30-year career in acting, culminating most recently with a role in the Wonder Woman: 1984 movie and closing a story hed started decades before. Dave, from Bonnybridge, Falkirk, said: Im a Still Game fanatic and I could honestly play any part in the programme and get every line bang on. But, with Costello scoring in double figures in 20 of the 29 games he played, Gran Canaria made a stunning turnaround. His television credits also include shows on The Disney Channel, PBS, the BBC, and many others. He soon established a name in the movie industry by playing a young Scottish actor in The Last King of Scotland. Weeks later, he was at the wheel of a 1984 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur screeching around the streets in the studio. [10] Going back to his Scottish roots, he then appeared in the lead role in The Wee Man, directed by Ray Burdis, a film depicting the life of the Glasgow gangster Paul Ferris. Matt Costello as DS Gordon Longstaff. Since the show ended, Lloyd has had parts in Miss Potter, The Originals, Death in Paradise and Midsomer Murders among others. One of Matts first jobs was to build sets on a new TV adaptation of a comic book that would go on to achieve iconic status around the world. I always try to help people if they pitch up like that, he said. The Munn family opened their door to us and made it all happen. Then this script came through and it just slapped me about. Overview; Press; Matt Costello is an actor. Don't see your favorite actor from Scotland? I can still remember the smell in the hangars.. His works include the book series The Kids of Einstein Elementary, (Scholastic), and Magic Everywhere (Random House), as well as games including Aladdins Mathquest (Disney), A Cartoon History of the Universe (Putnam), and two math games based on the hit PBS Kids show Cyberchase. [3], After going undrafted in the 2016 NBA draft, Costello joined the Atlanta Hawks for the 2016 NBA Summer League. After roles in shows like Casualty, Silent Witness and Hollyoaks, she has since started appearing in US productions, including a supporting role in Ryan Reynolds comedy The Hitman's Bodyguard. DC Thomson Co Ltd 2023. At the end of the year, he received Academic All-Big Ten honors. He scored six points and grabbed a season-high seven rebounds against Tuskegee (12/15), blocked a season-high three shots against No. When it comes to the all-time best Scottish actors in history, there are plenty or big names who could be considered the greatest and your votes will help decide. Get a weekly round-up of stories from The Sunday Post: Something went wrong - please try again later. I remember one day being on top of this wall with a nail gun. In both matches he appeared as a substitute and Morton lost 40, to Alloa Athletic and Queen of the South. These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience the local community. E4 - Episode . Matts next telly appearance will see him play a fisherman in forthcoming BBC submarine drama Vigil, featuring Martin Compston and Suranne Jones, the latest turn in a career which started with that knock on a strangers door in LA 43 years ago. In April 2013, Compston starred in the ITV miniseries The Ice Cream Girls. After his early role in 2000, he later had a breakout role in the cult comedy The Book Group, played Michael 'Lurch' Armstrong in Hot Fuzz ("Yarp"), had parts in the movies Clash of the Titans and xXx 3 and of course, he currently plays Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane in Game of Thrones. Costello managed to score in double figures in 11 games and grabbed double-figure rebounds in two contests. We begin to strip away the honesty., He adds; This is a play about broader themes. Editors' Code of Practice. But I wasnt. See also Other Works | Publicity Listings | Official Sites View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro Getting Started | Contributor Zone Contribute to This Page Edit page He has also appeared in Monarch of the Glen and Wonder Woman 1984 on the big screen. View our online Press Pack. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to He inked a two-year contract extension on June 25, 2020. You may have forgotten that Doctor Who legend Tom joined MOTG in series 6 as Hector's brother, the brilliantly-named Donald McDonald. I said to my agent I would take a normal job - and do television work as it came along, just to help pay the bills. contact the editor here. Still Game's Matt Costello (Steve the bookie) visits the Garage and A Prize Giveaway - YouTube One of my favourite shows is Still Game. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. We told how show creators Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill are back filming together again. Additional cast for series 10 episode one: Ay Saighal as Agrah Ali, Saddiq's older brother. [12] He appeared as Roy James in The Great Train Robbery. Newsquest Media Group Ltd, 1st Floor, Chartist Tower, Upper Dock Street, Newport, Wales, NP20 1DW Registered in England & Wales | 01676637 |. [19], Costello was granted the Ivorian citizenship and played with the Ivory Coast national basketball team during AfroBasket 2021. The actor, best known as Still Games miserly Stevie the Bookie, had answered his teenage wanderlust with a speculative jaunt across the Pond in the late 1970s. [20][21][22] The drama series is based on the novel Our House by Louise Candlish.[23]. Matt said: My mate John Quinn, who I went with, had been given an address of a family by someone who knew someone who knew someone. Costello was a team leader in many categories and led MSU in scoring in two games and in rebounding in eight contests. She has only had a handful of roles since the show ended, including an appearance in Midsomer Murders earlier this year. He had a regular role in the BBC TV serial Monarch of the Glen. [11] He signed with the Memphis Grizzlies on October 20,[12] but was waived again on October 24. Matt Costello, a Still Game semi-regular (he plays Stevie The Bookie) certainly knows about creating new real-life roles. When I heard him talking I knew I was right and when he walked by I asked if I could get a picture.. Joe Hullait as the Narrator Episodes [ edit] Pilot (2012) [ edit] A pilot of the spoof show was broadcast in November 2012. [2] Costello was honored with a selection to the Reese's College All-Star game in Houston, Texas. I would be working with blokes on the bridge and theyd be saying Youre Stevie The Bookie. [15] He made his NBA debut on November 12 during a blowout 13394 win over the Chicago Bulls. It was that kind of thing, turning up unexpectedly at a strangers door. [1] He also made a cameo appearance in a low-budget web series, Night is Day. "Thats when I thought it would be better to do a video with a wee bit from Still Game. Matt Costello. Costello ranked 13th in the Big Ten in blocked shots overall (1.2 bpg) and seventh in Big Ten games (1.5 bpg). It was the home of the Munn family, one of whom was married to John D Englert, a long-serving key grip in the movie industry. Chances are you forgot about that, but we're including it. Matthew Costello Actor Jan 1972 - Present 50 years 8 months I've appeared on many area stages including Barksdale Theater, Theater IV, Experiential Theater, Firehouse Theater Project and Swift . He's had roles in The Decoy Bride, Rab C Nesbitt, and quite amazingly, an episode of US comedy Arrested Development as a band leader in 2013. When Id got off the train in London to go to the studios, a taxi driver shouted Stevie the Bookie! at me. His 43 blocks were the seventh-best single-season total in school history, and the most ever by a Spartan sophomore. [17], In 2021, Compston was cast to star as Fulmer Hamilton in the Amazon Prime Video thriller The Rig,[18] which was released in January 2023. The ability to comment on our stories is a privilege, not a right, however, and that privilege may be withdrawn if it is abused or misused. We learn as we go on Mitch has split with his wife of 20 years and has two kids. Id said I was a carpenter, said Matt, laughing. From that point I was accepted by the RSAMD., He adds, with a wry smile; If I hadnt got in to the academy Id have gone back to LA., Matt certainly has a pragmatic approach to work. This site is part of Newsquest's audited local newspaper network. In June 2022, Compston was forced to deny allegations of singing sectarian lyrics, after videos surfaced on social media of him on stage during a Celtic FC supporter function in Las Vegas. He blocked two or more shots in 13 games, including a season-high four against Michigan (2/1) and Purdue (3/4). I was 18, and had never seen anything like it in my life. He posted two double-doubles vs. Loyola (11/21; 13 points, 11 rebounds) and Texas Southern (12/20; 17 pts., 10 reb.). Julian appeared throughout the show's run as the head of the nearby Kilwillie House (tee hee). I am lucky enough to know one of the actor's from Still. Matt Costello isnt a typical actor in that he grew up with a yearning to become a performer. Join us in our mission to support and promote British comedy across the decades. Then, be sure to vote and rerank the list according to who you think are the best Scottish actors to have ever graced the screen. Matt had landed work as a carpenter, (even though not quite qualified) and it was during this four year-stint the idea must have seeped into his consciousness he could be appearing on a set rather than building one. Paul Black brings a Hogmanay whodunnit spoof to BBC Scotland. Add him below so other film fans can vote. I remember the first time I met Will Greer. Matt Costello as Stevie "The Bookie" Reid Lynne McCallum as Peggy McAlpine Sandy Nelson as Chris "The Postie" Armstrong Kate Donnelly as Frances Mullen Maureen Carr as Edith Jamie Quinn as Derek "Fergie the Ned" Ferguson Scott Reid as Michael "Methadone Mick" Doherty Marj Hogarth as Fiona Jarvis Matts time in the States left him with a treasure trove of memories featuring household names including Columbo star Peter Falk, Patrick Duffy and Victoria Principal of Dallas fame, The Monkeys singer Micky Dolenz, legendary boxer Muhammad Ali, and acting royalty like Jane and Henry Fonda. OK, Rory was only in one episode of the show, but we loved his appearance so much we had to include him. Matthew John Costello (born 1948) is an American writer specializing in the genres of horror, gothic, and science fiction.His articles have appeared in publications including the Los Angeles Times and Sports Illustrated.He has scripted Trilobyte's bestselling CD-ROM interactive dramas The 7th Guest and its sequel The 11th Hour, as well as many other video games. He shot .579 from the floor, ranking second among teammates with more than 100 field-goal attempts. He has also moved into video game voice roles, including Fable II, LittleBigPlanet and The Witcher. Matt Costello, a Still Game semi-regular (he plays Stevie The Bookie) certainly knows about creating new real-life roles. More recently, he voiced The Bendu in Star Wars Rebels. This was a long way from Matts home in Pollok. Monarch of the Glen was one of those Sunday night shows in the early 2000s that spelled out "Eugh, it's school tomorrow", but was also a laidback treat to enjoy with your roast. Want up-to-the-minute entertainment news and features? [16], On August 2, 2018, Costello signed a deal with the Italian club Sidigas Avellino of the LBA.[17]. When I arrived on the set of the Wonder Woman movie I was thinking nobody would have a clue who I was. All Rights Reserved. Still Game star thrills fans on Largs to Cumbrae ferry. Since the show ended, Dawn's biggest role was in ITV's Wild At Heart, after joining the show in its fourth series. He posted his first career double-double in an overtime win at Iowa (1/28), scoring a season-high 11 points and grabbing a career-high 12 rebounds; nine of his 11 points came in the last five minutes of regulation and overtime. It was hard at first. The BBC One drama ran from 2000 to 2005, but what are the main cast members up to now? Costello turned in one of his best games in a 7552 win over No. Within days, the connection bore fruit. He is the designer of role-playing and board games, including Dungeons & Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, Batman, Lone Wolf & Cub, and many others. We may then apply our discretion under the user terms to amend or delete comments. It was absolutely thrilling. Both he and his co-star William Ruane were nominated for Most Promising Newcomer at the British Independent Film Awards, with Compston winning the category.[8]. News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Lorraine played Archie's love interest and Glenbogle resident Katrina, before leaving after series three. Readers comments: You are personally liable for the content of any comments you upload to this website, so please act responsibly. From greats like Sean Connery and Brian Cox to younger stars like James McAvoy, actors from Scotland are cast in all kind of films and have won numerous awards for their work on screen. Since then, you'll know him best for playing Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott in Line of Duty since 2012. Already a renowned actor, writer and director, he easily had his biggest success in the years after MOTG. Still Game fanatic Dave Armstrong bumped into Stevie the Bookie, Actor Matt Costello turned out to be completely different to his on-screen character, The stars of smash hit Scottish show Still Game, Stevie the bookie is Winston's enemy on Still Game, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). [3], A promising footballer, he was a youth player with Aberdeen as a teenager,[4] and after leaving school signed for his local professional club Greenock Morton. Sam Heughan (; born 30 April 1980) is a Scottish actor, best known for his acclaimed role as Jamie Fraser in the Starz series Outlander, for which he has received four nominations for the Saturn, Sir Thomas Sean Connery (August 25, 1930 October 31, 2020) was a retired Scottish actor and producer, who during his life won an Academy Award, two BAFTA Awards, one being a BAFTA Academy, Ewan Gordon McGregor (born 31 March 1971) is a Scottish actor, singer, and director known internationally for his various film roles, including independent dramas, science-fiction epics, and, The Top Casting Choices For The Next James Bond Actor. The Scottish actor has continued to act since the show ended in 2005, and has had TV appearances in Casualty, Taggart, Luther, and Shetland among others. He finished his career as the school's all-time leader in points (1,518), rebounds (1,069) and blocked shots (280). Stevie the Bookie is the nemesis of gambling addict Winston on Still Game. His other notable films include The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Atonement, The Conspirator, X-Men: First Class and Trance. But 17 years ago he walked away from the stage. We develop for fiftysomething years and come up with something that approximates a personality. This marks Costello's third season of Summer League action. The costume designer on Wonder Woman is a woman called Lindy Hemming. I like the idea of being a stage actor again, he says, smiling. Josh Barrow as Riley Gill, teenage son of murder victim Freddy Gill. But it wasnt until he returned home in the 1980s that the experience of LA helped him forge a new path. References Categories Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. And its got great depth.. Costello starred in the iconic comedy between 2002 and 2016, featuring in a number of fans' favourite episodes. He has continued to write for stage and screen, including Gypsy, School of Rock, Doctor Thorne and The Wind in the Willows. Sadly, he passed away on February 17, 2013, at the age 79, after a heart attack. Queen Charlotte review: A Bridgerton triumph, Michelle Yeoh stars in trailer for new Poirot film, EastEnders announces eating disorder story for Ben, I'm a Celebrity airs trial twist for new campers. Matt Costello. I quite like the idea of being in a warm theatre working hard on my motivation.. The 6-foot-9, 245-pound power forward led the league with 12.3 rebounds per game in 2017 while playing with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Born to a Catholic family, Compston, the younger of two sons,[2] was brought up in Greenock, Scotland, and attended St Columba's High School in neighbouring Gourock. Matthew John Costello (born 1948) is an American writer specializing in the genres of horror, gothic, and science fiction. A Gannett Company. In 2009, he launched his new ITV drama Downton Abbey, which went on to become an international success story, and winner of awards all over the place. Along with his adult genres, Costello has created works for children. He ranked among the top-100 players in the nation by the following: As a junior, he averaged 19.8 points, 13.0 rebounds and 3.8 blocks as a junior, shooting 53.4 percent from the field and 72 percent from the foul line.

Lanny Lambert Musician, Trudy Olson Cause Of Death, Tony Ressler Net Worth In Billion, Articles M

matt costello scottish actor

what percentage of jews died in the holocaust